groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: ShortTypeHandling castToString
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 04:32:20 GMT
Yes, it's clearly a bug as can be seen by running an example such as below:

String foo() { Integer }
foo() // ClassCastException

Whereas 'Integer as String' works fine. I have a fix for this in
PR#345 as part of GROOVY-7853, see:

https://github.com/apache/groovy/pull/345

Just waiting for to see if Cédric/Jochen have any comments on the
other parts of that PR since that is an area of the codebase that I am
a little less familiar with.

Cheers, Paul.