groovy-users mailing list archives

From Alessio Stalla <alessiosta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to enable CompileStatic for an entire project
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 13:06:56 GMT
Also good tests help. However I agree that if you prefer the tradeoffs that
static languages give you then probably Groovy is not the wisest choice.
It's nice to have good speed in critical sections of the code without
having to rewrite them in Java, but a fully static Groovy IMHO is just a
quirkier, slower, less supported Java with some nice syntactic sugar. It
just wasn't designed for that.