groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Imholz, John J." <imho...@musc.edu>
Subject RE: HTTPBuilder and Content-type
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 15:40:56 GMT
I'm still not sure how to get the Content-type sent as 'text/xml' (the webservice I'm hitting
doesn't like 'application/xml'.)

Can I get some insight on how to log http components when executing a groovy script from the
command line?

jji

From: David Clark [mailto:plotinussmith@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2016 11:03 AM
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: HTTPBuilder and Content-type

The content-type is set to the content type of the encoder. See here:

https://github.com/jgritman/httpbuilder/blob/master/src/main/java/groovyx/net/http/EncoderRegistry.java#L333

For the xml encoder that is "application/xml". See here (the first entry in the list is taken
to be the default content-type):

https://github.com/jgritman/httpbuilder/blob/master/src/main/java/groovyx/net/http/ContentType.java#L67

Your best bet is to enable debugging in the apache http client to see what is actually being
sent. You can do this by setting the system properties correctly. See here for the details
on how to do this:

https://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/logging.html

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Imholz, John J. <imholzj@musc.edu<mailto:imholzj@musc.edu>>