groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject ShortTypeHandling castToString
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:29:06 GMT
I came across this method in Groovy 2.4.6 in ShortTypeHandling class, I've never seen it fail
but it doesn't see right to me:

public static String castToString(Object object) {
    if (object==null) return null;
    if (object instanceof Class) return (String) object;
    return object.toString();
}

How can cast to String work if the object is a Class?

Jason

original message and any attachments.