groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Is it possible to enable CompileStatic for an entire project
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:19:53 GMT
[...]

well, then you actually want @TypeChecked I guess

> A global flag might be problematic for relying on external libraries,
> but if they are already compiled then that should not be an issue.

no, there would be no global flag. If anything then two or more jars, of
which one would be groovy-lib and the runtime would depend on it. A
dynamic program would then require groovy-runtime, while a static one
can work with groovy-runtime or only groovy-lib

> But if it is, Cedrics idea of another file ending, such as .sgroovy or
> .groovys  ... could provide an easy add for adding @CompileStatic to all
> those classes. It should be fairly easy and I can live with that.
> Intellij will eventually support that kind of filetype and understand it
> is @CompileStatic. Otherwise, a plugin for that should be fairly easy to
> write.

hmm..yeah... we had this in discussion before... back then I was not
eager to do that. But that was years ago... maybe we should rediscuss this

bye Jochen