groovy-users mailing list archives

From Balachandran Sivakumar <benignb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Gradle, Kotlin and Inner Fear
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 17:49:23 GMT
Hi David,

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:12 PM, David Dawson <
david.dawson@simplicityitself.com> wrote:

> if I can suggest, this will take in the order of months of dedicated
> effort from a small team to get running smoothly.

I understand that part - It is not going to be dedicated full time. But I
can promise a very sincere best possible effort.

> The core groovy team don't have the ability (ie, time) to organise this,
> which is why it's gone by the wayside.
>
> My suggestion is that those who are asking how to help should look to self
> organise. Set up a mailing list and dedicated slack channel, get all those
> who are involved in there and start to grind through setting up the
> environment, making small fixes etc. Bring in the core team when you can't
> progress.

         This is going to be a couple of people for now. But yes, mailing
lists and IRCs will all be there eventually.

> it's going to be a chunk of work. The eclipse api and how to integrate
> with it will be te rub. Groovy eclipse has a bunch of patches that dig into
> the compiler to catch errors, handle failures and present that into the UI,
> so you'll need to start understanding the groovy compiler, and also the
> eclipse api.

      This is roughly what I was expecting for. Thanks.

> I'd say, get the code and start beating the crap out of it over a weekend
> with anyone else that shows an interest, see where you get?

     Agreed. Sometimes, brute force kick start and then streamlining does
work :) Thanks again for hinting.

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar