groovy-users mailing list archives

From Kyle Boon <kyle.f.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy Running Slower With More Memory
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 16:35:44 GMT
Adding additional memory can make garbage collection much more difficult.
You want to tune the heap size for small, frequent garbage collections and
not large, infrequent garbage collections.

It's possible that you added extra time before the first garbage collection
runs, but then it takes so long to finish that you start the thrash the cpu.

Kyle