groovy-users mailing list archives

From Shil Sinha <shil.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy defaults method argument to null?
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 21:23:22 GMT
Yes, though this is specific to methods with one parameter and only occurs
if the method call is not statically compiled. See
http://glaforge.appspot.com/article/groovy-default-params-to-avoid-one-argument-methods-being-called-without-params
for
a discussion.

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 3:58 PM Guy Matz <guymatz@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a method that starts like this:
>
> class Sidecar {
>
>   def static String getVersions(String render_server) {
>
>     def rest = new RESTClient('http://' + render_server)
>
>     try {
>
>       def vpath = *'*/r/api/versions'
>       log.debug "Hitting http://${render_server}${vpath}"
>       def resp = rest.get(path:vpath)
>

> and when I call it as Sidecar.getVersions('server-name') it works as expected.  When
I "accidentally" call it without a parameter, though, Groovy does not complain until it attempts
the REST call: