groovy-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Price <danprice...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Groovy Running Slower With More Memory
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 16:15:03 GMT
Exactly--clock speeds differ greatly.  My new server was built a few years
ago and was designed to maximize performance of a multi-threaded program.
When I got the keys to the fabled machine, I didn't think to delve into
specs, I just assumed they'd be better than my desktop for all
applications.  My desktop has a single i7 processor at 3.6GHz, but the
server has 6 2.67GHz processors, so my PC runs single thread programs much
faster...  Thanks!