groovy-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Price <danprice...@gmail.com>
Subject Groovy Running Slower With More Memory
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 16:28:33 GMT
Good Afternoon.  I've been running some Groovy 2.4.2 scripts on a Windows 7
64-bit PC with 16GB of RAM.  My scripts are memory intensive SQL Server DB
manipulators, and I have modified startGroovy.bat to:

%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms8192M -Xmx8192M

I recently gained access to a new server running Windows Server 2012 that
has 32GB RAM and lots of flash disk, so I thought giving Groovy more RAM
might allow the scripts to run faster.  So I installed Groovy on the server
and modified startGroovy.bat to:

%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms20480M -Xmx20480M

But the new server runs my scripts about twice as slow as my PC.  This is
true even with the exact same RAM settings in startGroovy.bat.

I don't know if I should expect to see a large decrease in run time based
on additional RAM, but an increase seems odd to me.

Could this be due to OS differences?

Thanks!