groovy-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Champeau <cedric.champ...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About Gradle, Kotlin and Inner Fear
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 12:05:52 GMT
Thibault, this is exactly what Gradle is doing. The Kotlin support is the
occasion to provide better APIs that are more friendly to static languages.
In my post I have shown an example of the static Groovy version. The
question is not whether we can do it or not. We can do it. The issue is IDE
support. Have this scripts recognized by the IDE as such. Have a decent
version of Groovy Eclipse. That is the challenge. The latter is important.
I warned several times about the problem that nobody took over the
development of Groovy Eclipse. If nobody does it, I bet that you can
improve Groovy as much as you want, fix as many bugs as you want or add as
many awesome features as you want, it's not going to be adopted anymore.