groovy-users mailing list archives

From Suderman Keith <suder...@anc.org>
Subject Groovy kernel for Jupyter Notebook
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 21:24:33 GMT
Does anyone know of a Groovy kernel for iPython/Jupyter (http://jupyter.org/ <http://jupyter.org/>)?
  My searches have not turned up much. I don't want a Groovy alternative to iPython/Jupyter
notebooks (i.e. http://beakernotebook.com/ <http://beakernotebook.com/> won’t cut
it), I need a Groovy kernel for Jupyter I can extend to integrate with a Python application/framework
we are using.

I found https://github.com/jericks/geoscript-groovy-kernel <https://github.com/jericks/geoscript-groovy-kernel>
but it is a simply a Python wrapper that calls geoscript-groovy and I was hoping for a native
implementation, that is, something written in Groovy that listens to and responds on the ZMQ
sockets.

I have a simple proof of concept implementation working, but I don't want to put more effort
into reinventing the wheel if there is already something better out there.

Cheers,
Keith
Research Associate
Department of Computer Science