groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: groovy-lang.org down for now
Date Sun, 22 May 2016 16:32:52 GMT
On 22.05.2016 18:10, Steve Byrne wrote:
[...]
>> You can add
>>
>> 148.251.23.208 groovy-lang.org
>>
>> to your hosts file to get the DNS entry right. It is important to mention its temporary
nature though. This bypasses the DNS system, and the IP will change in the future.

> Thanks!! This should have been posted to this and dev@groovy on FRIDAY I think.  Has
it been announced on Twitter, G+, etc?

i posted it to #apachegroovy and #groovylang on twitter

>  I haven't seen it, but doesn't mean it didn't happen.

it was just before I replied you

> At least saying "we know about it, it's because of the transition, here's what you can
do for now" fixes the perception that it's just "gone away".
> Heck, I'd register the domain myself even if it's for a short while just to get this
going again -- Apache seems to have really fallen down on this one.

the domain is registered, but the name servers seem not to resolve the
name. I tried contacting infra, but got no reply so far. I think the
problem won´t be solved before monday at all... Anyway, without further
details it is difficult to get a comprehensive story out about this -
without making apache looking bad.

bye Jochen