groovy-users mailing list archives

From Suderman Keith <suder...@anc.org>
Subject Re: Groovy kernel for Jupyter Notebook
Date Sun, 08 May 2016 23:34:35 GMT

> On May 2, 2016, at 5:57 PM, Paolo Di Tommaso <paolo.ditommaso@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't know any another project but I could be interested to contribute to a Groovy
kernel for Jupiter.

I will keep you (and the list) posted.

I do have a working kernel, but I likely won’t have anything really useful to share (on
GitHub) until early June.

Cheers,
Keith

> Cheers,
> Paolo
>

> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:24 PM, Suderman Keith <suderman@anc.org <mailto:suderman@anc.org>>
wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Groovy kernel for iPython/Jupyter (http://jupyter.org/ <http://jupyter.org/>)?
  My searches have not turned up much. I don't want a Groovy alternative to iPython/Jupyter
notebooks (i.e. http://beakernotebook.com/ <http://beakernotebook.com/> won’t cut
it), I need a Groovy kernel for Jupyter I can extend to integrate with a Python application/framework
we are using.

> I found https://github.com/jericks/geoscript-groovy-kernel <https://github.com/jericks/geoscript-groovy-kernel>
but it is a simply a Python wrapper that calls geoscript-groovy and I was hoping for a native
implementation, that is, something written in Groovy that listens to and responds on the ZMQ
sockets.

> I have a simple proof of concept implementation working, but I don't want to put more
effort into reinventing the wheel if there is already something better out there.