groovy-users mailing list archives

From Kenton Garner <kenton.gar...@issinc.com>
Subject RE: XmlSlurper Namespace Question
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 18:41:51 GMT
I appreciate your response.

The problem is that the node that is being removed will be defined by the user during a configuration
stage.
Because of the generic nature the node to remove will be defined via a GPath string.

I do not want to require the user to specify the GPath string with the namespace prefixes.

To expand on your example…
String xml = '''
<a:root xmlns:a="urn:a" xmlns:b="urn:b" xmlns:c="urn:c">
    <a:child1>child1</a:child1>
    <b:child2>
       <b:content>
         <b:dataNode>
            Proprietary data to sanitize
         </b:dataNode>
       </b:content>
    </b:child2>
    <c:child3>child3</c:child3>
</a:root>
'''
User would enter a GPath of  “child2.content.dataNode”  NOT  “b:child2.b:content.b:dataNode”

In order for this to work the XML has to be parsed with the XmlSlurper argument namespaceAware=true.
def root = new XmlSlurper(false, true).parseText(xml)

Now the println will show that the namespace prefixes are all altered a: = tag0: , b: = tag1:
, c: = tag2: , etc.
println XmlUtil.serialize(newRoot)