groovy-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Wiltse <jerrywil...@gmail.com>
Subject Deploying extension Methods
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:24:30 GMT
Hello All,

I'm trying to deploy my first groovy extension methods to remove JVM.  The
methods work great in my IDE, but not on a remote JVM which has loaded the
JAR.

I use gradle to build, i can see that the metadata and class are included
in the JAR, but I get the error:

No signature of method: java.util.ArrayList.sumSelectedAttributes() is
applicable for argument types: (java.util.ArrayList) values:
[[messageCount, incomingConnectionsCount, outgoingConnectionsCount, ...]]

What could be the difference between calling the methods locally versus
calling them on a JVM which has the JAR on the classpath which is causing
this?

I mostly followed MR Haki's wonderful tutorial:
http://mrhaki.blogspot.com/2013/01/groovy-goodness-adding-extra-methods.html

Here are more details.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36762144/groovy-extension-module-method-no-signature-of-method

Any insight would be much appreciated.