groovy-users mailing list archives

From John Wagenleitner <john.wagenleit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XmlSlurper Namespace Question
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:40:18 GMT
By default XmlSlurper is namespace aware so new XmlSlurper() is the same as
new XmlSlurper(false, true).  I tried your example and I still get the
original prefixes.  Maybe the difference is in how your code is removing
the node?

import groovy.xml.*

String xml = '''
<a:root xmlns:a="urn:a" xmlns:b="urn:b" xmlns:c="urn:c">
    <a:child1>child1</a:child1>
    <b:child2>
        <b:content>
            <b:dataNode>data</b:dataNode>
        </b:content>
    </b:child2>
    <c:child3>child3</c:child3>
</a:root>
'''

def root = new XmlSlurper(false, true).parseText(xml)

String userInput = 'child2.content.dataNode'
def nodeToRemove = root
userInput.split("\\.").each {
    nodeToRemove = nodeToRemove."${it}"
}
nodeToRemove.replaceNode {}

String newXml = XmlUtil.serialize(root)
def newRoot = new XmlSlurper(false, true).parseText(newXml)

println XmlUtil.serialize(newRoot)
assert newRoot.lookupNamespace('a') == 'urn:a'
assert newRoot.child3.lookupNamespace('c') == 'urn:c'

OUTPUT:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><a:root xmlns:a="urn:a">
  <a:child1>child1</a:child1>
  <b:child2 xmlns:b="urn:b">
    <b:content/>
  </b:child2>
  <c:child3 xmlns:c="urn:c">child3</c:child3>
</a:root>