groovy-users mailing list archives

From Frank <tuxs...@gmail.com>
Subject Default umask for newly created files - Groovy App
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:27:21 GMT
Hi,

Ubuntu Server 14.04LTS
Tomcat 7.0.52
Groovy 2.0.8

I have a Groovy application which I run within Tomcat7.  *It creates files
with permissions of 644 and I would like it to create them with permissions
of 664 instead* (group read/writable).

We have a packaged installation of Tomcat7 and we drop our .WAR file in
/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/.  We start the application using the
/etc/init.d/tomcat7 script (or `sudo service tomcat7 start`).  We have some
other things (like newrelic) which we set to run in a
/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/setenv.sh script

I've tried changing the umask setting in the /etc/init.d/tomcat7 script from

umask=022 -to- umask=002

it doesn't affect the permissions on files created by the application.

Is there a place where I can configure the application itself to create
files with these looser default permissions?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

-Frank