groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guy Matz <guym...@gmail.com>
Subject Calling a static method by packagename.method
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 15:33:48 GMT
Hello!  I have some static methods defined and am able to access them after
I import, e,.g.
import static org.matz.utils.jira.*

With that import I can call the methods, e.g. createTicket, but I would
like to be able to call it as *jira*.createTicket, as is possible with the
Math package, e.g.

import static java.lang.Math.*
println "PI is ${PI} (${Math.PI})"

my method declaration in jira.groovy is (including the namespace):
package org.matz.jenkins

def static void createTicket(String changelog, String summary, Map config)
{ ... }

Does anyone know what I need to do to either my definitions, or import, or
something else to be able to refer to the createTicket method as
jira.createTicket?  I would like to be able to do this to avoid name
collisions as well as to be able to make explicit which "class" I'm calling
the method on.

Thanks!
Guy