groovy-users mailing list archives

From Henrik Martin <hen...@netgate.net>
Subject Re: Groovy YAML support
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 10:02:18 GMT
I can see JSON and XML tools being part of Groovy core since it's used
for a plethora of things in many different parts of the ecosystem.
Having worked with Spring Boot for a while, I too found myself having to
search for tools for YAML processing. Like several people have already
suggested, SnakeYaml works fine, so I simply pulled in that jar and used
it. I can see the potential need for more refined stuff on top of that.
I agree that it probably shouldn't be part of the Groovy core API. But
maybe that type of utilities/extras could go into a "groovy-extras" type
jar file? That way it won't bloat the Groovy core, but it would still be
readily available for folks who need it. I'm obviously NOT suggesting
repackaging SnakeYaml and putting it into a Groovy distro jar, but if
someone contributes some useful Groovy code on top of other libraries
that it could go into a separate jar that would be easy to pull in.

Just my SEK 0.02 :-)

/H