groovy-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Rosa <goaway1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default umask for newly created files - Groovy App
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 01:35:25 GMT
If you have Java 1.7 or greater, you can change the POSIX permissions after-the-fact, like
this:

import java.nio.file.*
import java.nio.file.attribute.PosixFilePermission

def file = Paths.get('/path/to/file')
def permissions = [
    PosixFilePermission.OWNER_READ,
    PosixFilePermission.OWNER_WRITE,
    PosixFilePermission.GROUP_READ,
    PosixFilePermission.GROUP_WRITE,
    PosixFilePermission.OTHERS_READ,
] as Set

Files.setPosixFilePermissions(file, permissions)

> On Apr 28, 2016, at 2:27 PM, Frank <tuxster@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Ubuntu Server 14.04LTS
> Tomcat 7.0.52
> Groovy 2.0.8
>
> I have a Groovy application which I run within Tomcat7.  It creates files with permissions
of 644 and I would like it to create them with permissions of 664 instead (group read/writable).

> We have a packaged installation of Tomcat7 and we drop our .WAR file in /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/.
 We start the application using the /etc/init.d/tomcat7 script (or `sudo service tomcat7 start`).
 We have some other things (like newrelic) which we set to run in a /usr/share/tomcat7/bin/setenv.sh
script