groovy-users mailing list archives

From DECLOEDT Loic EVADERIS <Loic.DECLO...@cea.fr>
Subject RE: Groovy runtime issue with multiple directories install
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 09:35:34 GMT
Hi Joechen, Simon,
Yes, my first e-mail contained some typos. Please refer to the second one for a consistent
explanation. Sorry for the confusion.
I can also join my source project if you wish.

Regards,

Loïc

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Jochen Theodorou [mailto:blackdrag@gmx.org]
Envoyé : mercredi 23 mars 2016 10:28
À : users@groovy.apache.org
Objet : Re: Groovy runtime issue with multiple directories install

On 23.03.2016 10:01, DECLOEDT Loic EVADERIS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem starting up a groovy project structured like this:
>
> project/
>
>   classes/
>
>     person/
>
>        C1.groovy
>
>    scripts
>
>     run.groovy
>
> The C1.groovy file contains the following code:
>
> package person
>
> import groovy.transform.ToString
>
> @ToString
>
> class C1 {
>
>    enum Gender { M, F}
>
>    String name
>
>    Sex gender
>
> }
[...]
>    public C1 addC1(String name, person.C1.Gender g) {
[...]
> org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException:
> startup
> failed:
>
> /home/ldecloed/Groovy/workspace/issueImportEnum/scripts/run.groovy: 13:
> unable to resolve class person.C1.Sex
>
>   @ line 13, column 32.
>
>       public C1 addC1(String name, person.C1.Sex g) {
>
>                                    ^

the code you show here and the code the error marks are clearly different ones. The class
Sex is missing in C1 and the add method you showed uses Gender instead of Sex. If you compiled
against an old version with partial changes such an error would not be surprising at all.

And actually that can be more than just differing version in source, it can also be caused
by old class files. So did you ensure that there are no .class files of the classes you want
to execute in the directories you include in the class path? Because if there are class files
laying around it is very possible groovy will pick them up instead of the source. Normally
this is controlled by the modification date of the files, but I don't know if that information
is reliable on your system.

bye Jochen