groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jochen Theodorou <blackd...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Groovy runtime issue with multiple directories install
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 09:28:17 GMT

On 23.03.2016 10:01, DECLOEDT Loic EVADERIS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem starting up a groovy project structured like this:
>
> project/
>
>   classes/
>
>     person/
>
>        C1.groovy
>
>    scripts
>
>     run.groovy
>
> The C1.groovy file contains the following code:
>
> package person
>
> import groovy.transform.ToString
>
> @ToString
>
> class C1 {
>
>    enum Gender { M, F}
>
>    String name
>
>    Sex gender
>
> }
[...]
>    public C1 addC1(String name, person.C1.Gender g) {
[...]
> org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup
> failed:
>
> /home/ldecloed/Groovy/workspace/issueImportEnum/scripts/run.groovy: 13:
> unable to resolve class person.C1.Sex
>
>   @ line 13, column 32.
>
>       public C1 addC1(String name, person.C1.Sex g) {
>
>                                    ^

the code you show here and the code the error marks are clearly
different ones. The class Sex is missing in C1 and the add method you
showed uses Gender instead of Sex. If you compiled against an old
version with partial changes such an error would not be surprising at all.

And actually that can be more than just differing version in source, it
can also be caused by old class files. So did you ensure that there are
no .class files of the classes you want to execute in the directories
you include in the class path? Because if there are class files laying
around it is very possible groovy will pick them up instead of the
source. Normally this is controlled by the modification date of the
files, but I don't know if that information is reliable on your system.

bye Jochen