groovy-users mailing list archives

From Henrik Martin <hen...@netgate.net>
Subject Re: building a jar from groovy script with gradle
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:03:49 GMT
For "uber jars", I use both Spring Boot's bootRepackage, and shadowJar,
the Gradle port of Maven Shadow. Both work really well and are easy to
use from Gradle. The only thing about using Spring Boot is that you
probably end up with a bunch of transient dependencies for Spring/Spring
Boot that may bloat your runnable jar file. From that perspective, I
think the shadowJar solution will result in fewer dependencies. Here's
the link to shadowJar if you want to check it out:

https://github.com/johnrengelman/shadow

Cheers,

-H