groovy-users mailing list archives

From frenchy48 <bam...@in2p3.fr>
Subject Re: changing dynamically the name of classes in a source code
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 07:42:50 GMT
Ok  students will learn more english later ... but please!
(for instance have a look at Scratch or read this:
https://rising.globalvoices.org/blog/2013/03/18/programming-possibilities-writing-code-in-arabic/)

Now subclassing does not work:
my course is using a subset of groovy (my goal is to teach programming not
full Groovy)
one of my main message in my course is to have  variables with a type!
so "def x" is not encouraged (not even taught)!
now if you have a factory that returns the proper class and you assign it to
a variable typed with a subclass it won't work.

-----
member of Grumpy Old Programmers