groovy-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Wiltse <jerrywil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Geb 0.13.1 released
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 22:09:57 GMT
Thank you for following up. Sadly, real drivers and xvfb are not available
in the restrictions of my environment.  I agree about GhostDriver, i have
been looking for alternatives for several months.  It's sad to me, since it
got so far and then just died on the vine. I guess these things happen in
OSS world.  Rather than 25 people contributing effort to one robust
project maturing project, we have 25 "somethingJS" projects, all of which
are 85% the same, with 15% uniqueness. Maybe it's a healthy thing, but it
doesn't feel that way from my point of view.

I was looking at jBrowserDriver just this week, and will be testing it
next. Alternatively, I will try launching phantomjs using cli rather than
the java library, since that will tell me the PID.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work on GEB, i'm sure i'll be using it
eventually.

If possible, try to think about the use case of constant web server
monitoring in future design.  It can already be used that way (for those
who get around the driver problem).  However, maybe there are things you
might do differently in the future keeping the monitoring scenarios in
mind. Maybe things that selenium doesn't do, because they don't generally
seem to be aware of the monitoring use case either (despite the fact that
new relic is built on selenium).

Regards,
Jerry

Gerald R. Wiltse