groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: Groovysh in non-interactive mode
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 14:25:05 GMT
Is groovy -e a solution to this problem?

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Thibault Kruse [mailto:tibokruse@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 8:57 AM
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: Groovysh in non-interactive mode

Yes, the JIRA ticket you mentioned is responsible for that (so blame me for the change). I
don't have much time to discuss this now, next week will be better. You might comment on your
case in the JIRA ticket. It should not be hard to add back a non-interactive mode to the interactive
shell, even if that sounds strange.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 3:13 AM, cyprushelp <cyprushelp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Groovysh no longer works in non-interactive mode.
>
> 1) Before Groovy 2.4, you could run groovysh in non-interactive mode.
> It would execute the action and then quit. This made it useful when
> embedding in shell scripts etc.
> 2) Before Groovy 2.4, you could pass arguments to groovysh in
> non-interactive mode. For example, I had some custom commands which I
> could execute not only from within the shell, but also outside of the shell.
>
> Both these features seem to be gone in latest Groovy 2.4.5 release.
> They were useful and a lot of code depended on them. I wonder if
> someone has any workarounds. I am not sure if the changes in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-6754 caused this.
>
> Before (groovy 2.3.9):
> user@machine:~$ groovysh :show all
> No variables defined
> No classes have been loaded
> No custom imports have been defined
> Preferences:
>     verbose=false
> ===> [null, null, null, null]
> user@machine:~$
>
> After (groovy 2.4.5):
> user@machine:~/opt/groovy-2.4.5/bin$ ./groovysh :show all Groovy Shell
> (2.4.5, JVM: 1.8.0_51) Type ':help' or ':h' for help.
> groovy:000> :load :show
> File not found: ":show"
> groovy:000> :load all
> File not found: "all"