groovy-users mailing list archives

From Søren Berg Glasius <soe...@glasius.dk>
Subject Re: 12.7 million downloads for 2015
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 12:47:41 GMT
Hi Guillaume,

Very impressive numbers indeed! Groovy 2016 here we come!

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,
Søren Berg Glasius

Hedevej 1, Gl. Rye, 8680 Ry, Denmark
Mobile: +45 40 44 91 88, Skype: sbglasius

From: Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com>
Reply: users@groovy.apache.org <users@groovy.apache.org>
Date: January 7, 2016 at 23:28:53
To: users@groovy.apache.org <users@groovy.apache.org>
Subject:  12.7 million downloads for 2015

Hi again,

As the year ended, I collected the latest download figures from Maven Central and Bintray.

In 2015, Apache Groovy's been downloaded 12.7 million times!

With about 8 millions from Maven Central and 4.7 millions from Bintray.
Historically, Central represented the biggest chunk, but interestingly, for the last quarter,
the downloads are even between the two.

The total figure above doesn't account for the first quarter numbers from Codehaus, as Codehaus
is no more and I didn't have access to the latest figures there.
And with Apache, you can also download Groovy from dozens of mirrors worldwide, and I don't
think we can have a consolidated access to those numbers either AFAIK.

For reference, from memory, we had 4.5 million downloads in 2014, 3 millions in 2013, and
1.7 million in 2012. So that's a big increase!
Clearly, the move to the Apache Software Foundation seems to have sparked the interest of
new Groovy developers.

Let's make 2016 another Groovy year for you all!

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer & PMC chair