groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Marshall, Simon" <Simon.Marsh...@misys.com>
Subject RE: A @CompileStatic for class members
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 19:13:21 GMT
Thanks to all who responded on this and also to those that suggested JMH to give a more accurate
sense of performance.

Now I understand it, it’s obvious, there is dynamic code in the caller at the call site.
 Duh.  Yes, annotating the caller gives me what I want, though interestingly makes little
difference to t.@member = val.  I guess that is because it is forcing the use of dynamic code
at the call site.

Simon.

From: Alessio Stalla [mailto:alessiostalla@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 January 2016 15:52
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: A @CompileStatic for class members

I believe you should @CompileStatic the code doing t.member = val as well.

On 21 January 2016 at 16:47, Schalk Cronjé <ysb33r@gmail.com<mailto:ysb33r@gmail.com>>
wrote:
No idea if this will improve it, but have you tried the following?

  t.@member<mailto:t.@member> = val

"Misys" is the trade name of the Misys group of companies. This email and any attachments
have been scanned for known viruses using multiple scanners. This email message is intended
for the named recipient only. It may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the
named recipient of this email please notify us immediately and do not copy it or use it for
any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. This email does not constitute
the commencement of legal relations between you and Misys. Please refer to the executed contract
between you and the relevant member of the Misys group for the identity of the contracting
party with which you are dealing.