groovy-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Wiltse <jerrywil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Community Support for Novices
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 19:25:38 GMT
I understand, you are probably right.

I will use this opportunity to point out what I feel is a significant
problem in general for people in my situation (sometimes). I'm not a java
developer, and am only trying to teach myself groovy. The problem is that
many groovy documents and examples assume you are a Java developer trying
to transition. Not a super huge deal, and probably unavoidable given the
circumstances, but it's a noteworthy barrier to adoption and learning for
the novice. I'm glad the Groovy team is working on new features, not trying
to port endless examples and use cases from Java to Groovy, however
unfortunately for me, many of my problems are a result of this situation.

Gerald R. Wiltse
jerrywiltse@gmail.com