groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject 12.7 million downloads for 2015
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 22:21:57 GMT
Hi again,

As the year ended, I collected the latest download figures from Maven
Central and Bintray.

In 2015, Apache Groovy's been downloaded 12.7 million times!

With about 8 millions from Maven Central and 4.7 millions from Bintray.
Historically, Central represented the biggest chunk, but interestingly, for
the last quarter, the downloads are even between the two.

The total figure above doesn't account for the first quarter numbers from
Codehaus, as Codehaus is no more and I didn't have access to the latest
figures there.
And with Apache, you can also download Groovy from dozens of mirrors
worldwide, and I don't think we can have a consolidated access to those
numbers either AFAIK.

For reference, from memory, we had 4.5 million downloads in 2014, 3
millions in 2013, and 1.7 million in 2012. So that's a big increase!
Clearly, the move to the Apache Software Foundation seems to have sparked
the interest of new Groovy developers.

Let's make 2016 another Groovy year for you all!

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer & PMC chair