groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 12.7 million downloads for 2015
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 12:47:10 GMT
On the Apache blog?

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> w00t!!!
>
> Sounds like a great subject for a blog post!
>> On Jan 7, 2016, at 5:21 PM, Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> As the year ended, I collected the latest download figures from Maven Central and
Bintray.

>> In 2015, Apache Groovy's been downloaded 12.7 million times!
>>
>> With about 8 millions from Maven Central and 4.7 millions from Bintray.
>> Historically, Central represented the biggest chunk, but interestingly, for the last
quarter, the downloads are even between the two.

>> The total figure above doesn't account for the first quarter numbers from Codehaus,
as Codehaus is no more and I didn't have access to the latest figures there.
>> And with Apache, you can also download Groovy from dozens of mirrors worldwide, and
I don't think we can have a consolidated access to those numbers either AFAIK.

>> For reference, from memory, we had 4.5 million downloads in 2014, 3 millions in 2013,
and 1.7 million in 2012. So that's a big increase!

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member