groovy-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Laforge <glafo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 17th in the TIOBE programming language index
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 08:56:24 GMT
You're of course totally right!

It's just that following the index in the past, I noticed the big
fluctuations from month to month, which are just not plausible in real
life. A language wouldn't jump up'n down in popularity that much (nor
in terms of actual usage).

Also, statistically speaking, seeing a ranking with percentages with
some many figures after the comma, for just one small percent, makes
me think that it's not relevant, accurate, or realistic for
comparisons.

But that's nice to be in the top-20 nonetheless ;-)

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member