groovy-users mailing list archives

From Duncan Dickinson <dun...@dickinson.name>
Subject Re: Community Support for Novices
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 01:38:26 GMT
Hi Gerald,

I thought I'd just mention a few resources that you might find useful in
your Groovy adventures:

1. Groovy in Action (2nd ed):
https://www.manning.com/books/groovy-in-action-second-edition - this is the
key text for Groovy

2. mrhaki has a wonderful trove of Groovy how-tos:
http://mrhaki.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Groovy

3. The InfoQ website has a range of Groovy presentations - I recommend
Guillaume's "Groovy with Style!": http://www.infoq.com/groovy/presentations/

4. The Groovy 2 Tutorial is free to read online:
https://leanpub.com/groovytutorial (disclaimer: I wrote this)

There are a few others also listed on the website:
http://www.groovy-lang.org/learn.html

The website documentation has good language coverage but I suggest that the
resources listed above really will help you in learning not only the
language but also its versatility.

Welcome to Groovy - as you can see it's backed by a very helpful community.

Regards,

Duncan