groovy-users mailing list archives

From Marc Paquette <mar...@mac.com>
Subject Re: multiple line assertion comment
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 04:07:59 GMT
The '\n' is working, meaning it is part of the string until it is removed or ignored by the
text widget displaying the assertion message.  In other words, this is something done in soapui,
not a groovy problem.  You can write the content to System.out or to a file to convince yourself
that putting a '\n' character in a String does output a newline to the output stream.

Maybe there is a way to configure soapui so the newlines in assertion message are rendered
in the text widget, but I've never found it (although I didn't look very hard).

Marc Paquette

> Le 12 janv. 2016 à 21:49, Deng, Lea <Lea.Deng@ccc.govt.nz> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to display the comment for a failed assertion into multiple lines. But '\n'
does not work.
> The comment for the failed assertion is still in one line in the test case logging.
>
> Any suggestion would be appreciated.
> Many thanks,
> Lea
>
> String comment = 'these items are NOT found in Pathway response: '+'\n'+ notFoundList.toString()
> String comment1 = "  lea  "
> assert notFoundList.isEmpty(),comment
>
> -> java.lang.AssertionError: these items are NOT found in Pathway response: [leaMockUpCode,
another mock up decision, NOTPAP, Publicly notified at applicant's request, leaMadeUp, lea
mock decision]. Expression: notFoundList.isEmpty()