groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Deng, Lea" <Lea.D...@ccc.govt.nz>
Subject RE: "continue" does not continue the while loop after an assertion fails
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 03:59:05 GMT
Hi John and Edinson,
Thank you very much for the suggestion of using flag, and a list. They work well for the main
Test Case
Many thanks,
lea

From: John Wagenleitner [mailto:john.wagenleitner@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 January 2016 3:04 p.m.
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: "continue" does not continue the while loop after an assertion fails

Could also put the text you were using in the asserts into a List instead and after the while
loop assert list isEmpty().
On Jan 11, 2016 5:28 PM, "Edinson E. Padrón Urdaneta" <edinson.padron.urdaneta@gmail.com<mailto:edinson.padron.urdaneta@gmail.com>>
wrote:
​​
​​
I don't really know what are your intentions, so I gonna try to guess and help you if I can:
If you are trying to test every element in `exlusionList`, you don't want to stop the execution
until the last one has been tested, and you want the test to fail if at least one element
failed, you can use a flag to help you with that. Set the flag if the assertion failed at
least once, and if the flag was set (it's true, for example) you can throw an exception to
make the test fail as a whole.
This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz