groovy-users mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 12.7 million downloads for 2015
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 13:31:06 GMT
Sure! :)

> On Jan 8, 2016, at 7:47 AM, Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On the Apache blog?
>
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>> w00t!!!
>>
>> Sounds like a great subject for a blog post!
>>> On Jan 7, 2016, at 5:21 PM, Guillaume Laforge <glaforge@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> As the year ended, I collected the latest download figures from Maven Central
and Bintray.

>>> In 2015, Apache Groovy's been downloaded 12.7 million times!
>>>
>>> With about 8 millions from Maven Central and 4.7 millions from Bintray.
>>> Historically, Central represented the biggest chunk, but interestingly, for the
last quarter, the downloads are even between the two.

>>> The total figure above doesn't account for the first quarter numbers from Codehaus,
as Codehaus is no more and I didn't have access to the latest figures there.
>>> And with Apache, you can also download Groovy from dozens of mirrors worldwide,
and I don't think we can have a consolidated access to those numbers either AFAIK.

>>> For reference, from memory, we had 4.5 million downloads in 2014, 3 millions
in 2013, and 1.7 million in 2012. So that's a big increase!
>>> Clearly, the move to the Apache Software Foundation seems to have sparked the
interest of new Groovy developers.