groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: Groovy Beta
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 19:37:45 GMT
The issue you mention is the one that I care about. For our code it's about a 10x performance
improvement for the affected @CompileStatic code. We've been adding the workaround when possible
but there are a few hundred classes where it impacts us (a business rule framework). I see
the list discussion that 2.4.6 is coming soon. If it were backported to 2.4.6 that would be
super amazing for us and we can stop applying the workaround.

Jason

From: Pascal Schumacher [mailto:pascalschumacher@gmx.net]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 2:23 PM
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: Groovy Beta

I forgot to add: There is no release date for 2.5.0-beta yet. See the discussion on the dev
list for details: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/groovy-dev/201601.mbox/browser

Am 15.01.2016 um 20:20 schrieb Pascal Schumacher:
Hi Jason,

I guess issue is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY-7705 ?

I lack knowledge in this area, but maybe another committer can answer whether it could be
merged into 2.4.x?

You can download snapshoots of groovy from https://oss.jfrog.org/artifactory/oss-snapshot-local/org/codehaus/groovy/

Cheers,
Pascal