groovy-users mailing list archives

From sterg <st...@teiemt.gr>
Subject pure JVM GroovyLab without native libs that perplex things!!
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2016 22:34:33 GMT
Hi all,

after trying to speed up numerical computations with native C/C++ code
in GroovyLab I found that it is not worth the complexity and instability,
because in most cases C/C++ code is slower than Java code!!

Therefore I removed the native libs from the current version of GroovyLab

https://github.com/sterglee/GroovyLab

Also, I removed the NVIDIA CUDA interfacing, since it is too specific to
NVIDIA,
and requires a lot of complex things, as CUDA installation,
installation of the proper JCUDA native libs for the corresponding CUDA
version,
recompilation of the JNI interfacing code, setup of paths etc. etc. ...

I think that JVM only code is as fast as C/C++ and much more stable and
portable!!

Stergios