groovy-users mailing list archives

From Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Groovy Beta
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 19:53:46 GMT
Hi Jason,

you do not have to build it yourself if you want to validate a snapshot.

You can add https://oss.jfrog.org/artifactory/oss-snapshot-local/ as a
maven repo and pull 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT from there.

-Pascal

Am 15.01.2016 um 20:46 schrieb Winnebeck, Jason:
> I have built Groovy on my home machine successfully, it is not bad at all. However, I'm
working on a large enterprise app, so it is nice to at least have some form of snapshot in
time. So, I can deploy it to our local Maven repository under different group ID, but then
I still have the uncertainty of pulling the latest code and not even knowing if there is a
half-finished task or refactor going on in there, whereas with a "blessed" beta the team is
saying they think the code is clean. I could validate the "tip" works in our app but that
is not productive if a release is coming soon. There's also the awkward-ness of having a custom-built
Groovy not-quite-2.4 but not-quite-2.5 version out and about. However, the fix is big enough
for me that if it doesn't make it into the recent 2.4.6 release, I may very well go through
the effort to build the tip of beta branch and validate.

> Jason

(which is 9 years old so I expect modern kit to do better).

> --
> Russel.
> Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.winder@ekiga.net
> 41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel@winder.org.uk
> London SW11 1EN, UK   w: www.russel.org.uk  skype: russel_winder

> This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
original message and any attachments.