groovy-users mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Exciting Use Case for Groovy - Log Analytics
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2015 01:56:53 GMT
On 31/12/2015 8:46am, Gerald Wiltse wrote:
> We are going to use Groovy for more-than-trivial log-parsing and analytics.  The groovy
language native functionality seems fairly-well suited for this, but probably far from purpose-built
Query Languages.

I'm interested in the work you are doing here, but how will your solution differ from the
elasticsearch + logstash + kibana system which already might do a lot of what you are wanting?
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a groovy log parser over the jruby implementation of logstash,
but what is the value-add in the project you are contemplating compared to what is already
available?

Happy new year!
Ari

--