groovy-users mailing list archives

From Keegan Witt <keeganw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are GMavenPlus stubs compiled?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 18:29:05 GMT
Yes, the stubs are compiled together with the Java sources so that Javac
has classes for the Groovy sources to compile against.

If I recall correctly, there were some bugs both introduced and fixed in
Groovy's stub generation.  It probably works in IntelliJ because I believe
they use a bundled version of Groovy to do the compilation, whereas
GMavenPlus uses the version of Groovy you declare as a dependency to do the
compilation.  If you are not able to reproduce the problem in Gradle or
Groovyc Ant, then I'm mistaken and it may be a GMavenPlus bug.  If I get
time tonight I'll try to experiment with that version of Groovy and see
whether this seems to be the case.  Otherwise, I'd check the Jira release
notes for fixes to stubs with imports and try a different Groovy version.

-Keegan