groovy-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Johnson <john...@cs.uiuc.edu>
Subject wrong error message?
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 10:28:52 GMT
I'm calling a Java library (Poi) from Groovy.  I get a "no such method"
error that says to me that I am passing two arguments, but I am really
passing three.   My code is

int i -> sheet.copyRows([sourceRow], i, new CellCopyPolicy())
and the error message is

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.copyRows(Ljava/util/List;ILorg/apache/poi/ss/usermodel/CellCopyPolicy;)V

The way I read it, I am giving copyRows two arguments, a List and a
CellCopyPolicy.   It didn't seem to see the integer that was the second
argument.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?   I can give more context, but it is
just as likely to confuse as to illuminate.

-Ralph Johnson