groovy-users mailing list archives

From "Winnebeck, Jason" <Jason.Winneb...@windstream.com>
Subject RE: wrong error message?
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 13:01:05 GMT
It’s in there. For the primitive types, there’s no semi-colon at the end. For example void
f(int, int, int) has signature f(III)V. With the L (object) type, it’s L<class>; with
semi-colon at end. You can see L*;IL*; in there. That I before the second L is the int argument
you are looking for.

As for why you get no such method error, I don’t know. I use POI in my project and the version
of POI that I have does not have this method at all. On the website https://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/xssf/usermodel/XSSFSheet.html#copyRows%28java.util.List,%20int,%20org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.CellCopyPolicy%29,
it does has a signature you are trying to call.

If you think your POI is new enough to have that method, a common issue I’ve seen in cases
like this is that accidentially multiple versions of a library (POI in this case) are on the
classpath at the same time and you’re really loading an older version than you think.

Jason

From: rjohnson.uiuc@gmail.com [mailto:rjohnson.uiuc@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Ralph Johnson
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 5:29 AM
To: users@groovy.incubator.apache.org
Subject: wrong error message?

I'm calling a Java library (Poi) from Groovy.  I get a "no such method" error that says to
me that I am passing two arguments, but I am really passing three.   My code is

int i -> sheet.copyRows([sourceRow], i, new CellCopyPolicy())
and the error message is

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.copyRows(Ljava/util/List;ILorg/apache/poi/ss/usermodel/CellCopyPolicy;)V

The way I read it, I am giving copyRows two arguments, a List and a CellCopyPolicy.   It didn't
seem to see the integer that was the second argument.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?   I can give more context, but it is just as likely
to confuse as to illuminate.

-Ralph Johnson

original message and any attachments.