groovy-users mailing list archives

From Schalk Cronjé <ysb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Correct way of referring to Groovy
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 13:43:23 GMT
On 04/11/2015 13:38, Greg Trasuk wrote:
>> On Nov 4, 2015, at 7:57 AM, Schalk Cronjé <ysb33r@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A post of the other day made me think about this (Russel's to blame as usual). What
is the correct to referring to Groovy in documentation now?

>>    Is it Groovy or is it Apache Groovy?
>>
>> OR
>>
>>    Is it Groovy for releases prior to 2.4 and Apache Groovy for 2.4 and beyond?
>>
>> --
>> Schalk W. Cronjé
>> Twitter / Ello / Toeter : @ysb33r
>>
> Branding policy: http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html.
>
> This is in place, of course, to make sure that the PMC remains in control of the product,
and nobody can become confused by somebody else calling their version “ZeCo Groovy” or
similar.

> Documentation, I think should pretty much follow the “Website” guidelines, so in
brief, there should be a prominent mention of “Apache Groovy”, but referring to it as
just “Groovy” in other places in the page is fine.

> Cheers,
>
> Greg Trasuk.
Thus in a book you may refer to it early in the beginnning as Apache
Groovy, but then mention that anywhere else use of Groovy implies Apache
Groovy?

--
Schalk W. Cronjé
Twitter / Ello / Toeter : @ysb33r