groovy-users mailing list archives

From Richard Heintze <sieg_hein...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to do username/password Authentication/Authorization with Groovy/SpringBoot?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:50:12 GMT

I've been studying the two spring boot books I know of: Spring Boot in Action by Walls and
Learning Spring Boot by Turnquist and (I just discovered) Spring Boot Recipies by Antonov. None
of these books discuss the development of a groovy REST service using spring boot. So lets
assume I'm starting with the minimum from https://spring.io/guides/gs/spring-boot/: @RestController
class ThisWillActuallyRun {

    @RequestMapping("/")
    String home() {
        return "Hello World!"
    }

} How do I enhance this to do authentication (and eventually authorization)? After reading
the first two books (could find much discussion in the cookbook) I'm wondering if I just append
this class to the end of the groovy source code file? @Configuration@EnableGlobalMethodSecurity(securedEnabled
= true)public class SecurityConfiguration extends WebSecurityConfigurerAdapter {@Autowired
public void configureAuth(AuthenticationManagerBuilder auth) throws Exception {    auth.inMemoryAuthentication()....
}   @Override  protected void configure(HttpSecurity http) throws Exception {   http.authorizeRequests().antMatchers(HttpMethod.GET,"/dir").permitAll().anyRequest().authenticated().and()    .formLogin().loginPage("/login").failureUrl("/login?error=true");
// what does a REST controller do with a form? (1) If so, suppose it is only a REST service
and not an MVC web page server. What do I do about the login forms? Ignore them?(2) Suppose
it is a combination REST service (for AJAX maybe) and I want to serve a few MVC web pages
too. (2a) How do I enhance the above groovy RestController to serve some MVC pages? Is it
possible to have single class that services REST endpoints and MVC templates or do I need
a separate controller class (in the same groovy source code file?) to serve MVC pages?(2b)
Where (what directory), for example, would I put the login form? In the java example, the
html goes into the src/main/resources/templates. Do I put the files in the same place for
java as groovy? Who decides where the MVC templates are stored? Thank yousiegfried