groovy-users mailing list archives

From Russel Winder <rus...@winder.org.uk>
Subject Re: About the syntax of groovy
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 09:47:06 GMT
On Sun, 2015-11-01 at 10:55 -0800, Owen Rubel wrote:
> Do we have to say that? I don't recall ever saying Spring Groovy,
> Pivotal
> Groovy or VMWare Groovy ;)

I think the point here is that Spring, VMWare, and Pivotal only ever
supported the project, they didn't own the product. With the move of
the project to the Apache Foundation, it owns the product, lock, stock,
and barrel. If it says (and I believe it does) that name is Apache
Groovy, then it is.

> I have referenced it by saying 'it's DAMN Groovy' though :)

I'd rather not be damned for using Groovy, Apache or otherwise.  ;-)

--
Russel.