On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Winnebeck, Jason <Jason.Winnebeck@windstream.com> wrote:

What I don’t get about pcollections is that it promises to implement collections interfaces like Java.util.List, but then says that “add” doesn’t work, because you have to use plus. So, I’m not sure how it can really be a List when none of the mutators could work. I suppose you can implement size, iterator, contains, etc. same as Java’s unmodifiableList.

The Java Collections API specifies all mutator methods to be optional, i.e. conforming implementations can throw UnsupportedOperationException. Granted, it would have been better to have separate List and MutableList interfaces, but that's how it is. All in all, the Java Collections API is surprisingly good after all these years, in my opinion.