Writing our own persistent collections would be quite a bit of work, it's not very realistic.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Jochen Theodorou <blackdrag@gmx.org> wrote:
On 14.10.2015 18:17, Dierk König wrote:
I'm for making our own, Groovy-specific version of persistent data types.
It could become a separate module or live in the core module.

if we are going to use it in groovy-core, it would have to become part of groovy-core. Frankly, if I would write something from scratch for Groovy, it would probably end up to something similar to pcollections again. That is because you normally need some level of interoperability (or easy wrappers) for the collection stuff, since so much in Groovy does use it already and since so much of it has special treatment in the runtime.

bye blackdrag

--
Guillaume Laforge
Apache Groovy committer & PMC member