groovy-users mailing list archives

From Dinko Srko─Ź <dinko.sr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code sample from packt Groovy book: help debug File and output problems?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 07:38:41 GMT
which has a zip of sample code at the following url: https://www.packtpub.com/sites/default/files/Groovy%20for%20Domain-specific%20Languages,%20Second%20Edition_0.zip

> When I run the build of this, it fails with a FileNotFoundException in "RewardService.groovy".
 If you install the zip and run the build, you should see the same thing.  I've looked at
the File reference, and I don't understand why this is failing.  I've also run the particular
test in the debugger, and verified with the "Display" view that this File reference should
work.

> Assuming you see the same error, any idea why this is happening?

There appears to be a typo in the path to the file that is being
evaluated (RewardService.groovy, line 109). Instead of "BroadBandPlus"
there should be "BroadbandPlus" (notice the second 'B' vs 'b'). Once
I'd changed that, all the tests passed.

Cheers,
Dinko

> Also, likely a Spock or Gradle question, but I can't figure out how to get stdout from
the test run to go to the console, or anywhere I can find, for that matter.  I found various
references that describe how to configure this, but none of them worked.  I asked about this
on the Gradle forum.